Sunday, August 03, 2008

Crystal City Planes

Entering Crystal City (a section of Arlington VA), I noticed an artistically decorated airplane. Then another. Then another. Suddenly they were everywhere!

It turns out, that I arrived during one of the last days of Crystal Flight, a celebration of art and air. The planes were set to be on display from April through July 2008. While I only saw a few of them, there are a total of 50 decorated planes located throughout a 4.5 mile path in Crystal City. Below are a few that I saw.

Barnstorming - outside of the metro stop

Ecoplane

This shiny jewelry encrusted one was found outside the Crystal City shopping mall.
Look at all this great costume jewelry!

Grasshopper
Kong Returns

Pug pilot

ShamFLEW

Wild Ride

Fuzzy Dice

I don't remember the name of this one...
it might be Fruit Flies
Or this one might be Fruit Flies.

1 comment:

Hana said...

Interesting airplanes. Glad you had a chance to do a bit of sightseeing on your business trip!