Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Back down to safety

I slowly made my way back from the summit and to Laban Rata guesthouse. The three girls who took the Timpohan Trail to the rest house, hadn't made it to the summit and were just getting ready to head back down when I arrived at the guesthouse. The German couple had made it to the summit and had arrived about 20 minutes before me. They already ate breakfast (again) and were taking a nap. I decided to stick with them and had a warm cup of coffee, a second breakfast, and then took a half hour nap before heading the rest of the way down the mountain. Just as we left the guest house, it started raining (and pretty much rained the whole rest of the way down).



Rest stops were every km on the Timpohan Trail and provided a semi-dry place to rest out of the rain. There were also bathrooms here, but luckily I never had to use one.

I knew when I saw Carson falls, I was only 500m from the end, and my knees would get a break since most of the rest was uphill!
After a warm lunch, we checked into a hotel for the night, where I had my own room, a hot shower, and a warm bed. I survived!!
View of the mountain from my room's patio. The next morning it was time to catch the bus for my next adventure. Hopefully I won't have to run for it, since my legs are really tired!

No comments: